مدرسة بئر العبد التجريبية للغات
welcome to Bir el Abd Experimental Langauge school
مرحبا بك عزيزى الزائر
welcome to Bir el Abd Experimental Langauge school
مرحبا بك عزيزى الزائر
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

منتدى تعليمى

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth Ovpv" />Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth Ovpv" />

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
David cities POETRY tale term prep daffodils
Latest topics
» نواتج التعلم
Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:53 pm by أ.سامية فتحي

» هرمون البروجسترون ..
Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 6:08 pm by mr_ali

» INTRODUCTION TO POETRY
Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:17 am by Miss.Rehab

» A tale of two cities term 2 prep 3
Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:11 am by Miss.Rehab

» The Rainbow POETRY
Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:43 am by Miss.Rehab

» Poetry Solitary Reaper by: William Wordsworth
Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:42 am by Miss.Rehab

» كلمه من غير نقط
Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:39 pm by yassen

» الحفله____________
Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:50 pm by Miss.Rehab

» كاسياس يفجرها لصحيفة " الأس " الأسبانية
Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:31 pm by Hady_mansour

التبادل الاعلاني

انشاء منتدى مجاني

Most active topics
كلمه من غير نقط
فوازير Xفوازير
فنان.................
كاسياس يفجرها لصحيفة " الأس " الأسبانية
الدنيا علبة ألوان .... والبشر أقلامــــها الملونة..
make questions
ترحييييييييييييييييب
الاستاذ سليمان محمد سليمان
اختبار لتحديد الميول الدراسيه ا
مطفأة حريق من صنع يديك ....!
Top posters
Hady_mansour
Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_vote_lcapPoetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_voting_barPoetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_vote_rcap 
Miss.Rehab
Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_vote_lcapPoetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_voting_barPoetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth I_vote_rcap 
ahmed raheel
Amira Ahmed Hussien
amera hamid
محمد فتحى سالم
Mr/ Yasser
Miss Sohir
eman khalid
abdo elgazar
------------

Poetry Solitary Reaper by: William Wordsworth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miss.Rehab
Admin
Admin
Miss.Rehab

عدد المساهمات : 133
تاريخ التسجيل : 2013-03-27

Poetry   Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth Empty
PostPoetry Solitary Reaper by: William Wordsworth

[ltr]Poetry  [/ltr]
[ltr]Solitary Reaper      by: William Wordsworth[/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Stanza one:x[/ltr]
[ltr]Behold her, single in the field, [/ltr]
[ltr]Yon solitary Highland Lass! [/ltr]
[ltr]Reaping and singing by herself; [/ltr]
[ltr]Stop here, or gently pass! [/ltr]
[ltr]Alone she cuts and binds the grain, [/ltr]
[ltr]And sings a melancholy strain; [/ltr]
[ltr]O listen! for the Vale profound [/ltr]
[ltr]Is overflowing with the sound.[/ltr]
[ltr]Paraphrasing:[/ltr]
[ltr]in the first stanza the poet comes across a beautiful girl working a lone in the fields of Scotland (the highland). The poet is asking the reader to look at her in admiration as she is reaping grain. He tells the reader not to interrupt her. As she was singing, the valley seemed to be full of her song.[/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Figures of speech: In line three, the words 'reaping' and 'singing' rhyme together. There is an alliteration in the words 'sings' and 'strain' .[/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Stanza two[/ltr]
[ltr]No Nightingale did ever chaunt [/ltr]
[ltr]More welcome notes to weary bands [/ltr]
[ltr]Of travellers in some shady haunt, [/ltr]
[ltr]Among Arabian sands: [/ltr]
[ltr]A voice so thrilling ne'er was heard [/ltr]
[ltr]In spring-time from the Cuckoo-bird,[/ltr]
[ltr]Breaking the silence of the seas [/ltr]
[ltr]Among the farthest Hebrides.[/ltr]
[ltr]Paraphrasing:[/ltr]
[ltr]In the second stanza the poet mentions a list of things which cannot equal the beauty of the girl's singing. He says that  she sings mor beautifullt than the nightingale when it sings for tired travelers ,who come to an oasis to rest after traveling a long way through the desert. She sings better than the cuckoo during spring time in England. Her melodious song seemed to break the silence of the sea.[/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Figures of speech: there is an alliteration in 'No' and 'nightingale', 'welcome' and 'weary', 'among' and 'arabian', and 'sience' and 'seas'. [/ltr]
[ltr]Stanza three[/ltr]
[ltr] Will no one tell me what she sings?-- [/ltr]
[ltr]Perhaps the plaintive numbers flow [/ltr]
[ltr]For old, unhappy, far-off things, [/ltr]
[ltr]And battles long ago: [/ltr]
[ltr]Or is it some more humble lay, [/ltr]
[ltr]Familiar matter of to-day? [/ltr]
[ltr]Some natural sorrow, loss, or pain, [/ltr]
[ltr]That has been, and may be again?[/ltr]
[ltr]Paraphrasing: [/ltr]
[ltr]In the third stanza the poet declares that he cannot understand her song but he can only guess what she was singing about. She might be singing about sorrowful incidents of the past, such as a battle or defeat. She also might be singing about an unhappy incident  of the present, which may be repeated again.[/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Figures of speech: the words 'familiar' and 'matter' rhyme together. There is an alliteration in 'perhaps' and 'plaintive'.[/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Stanza four[/ltr]
[ltr]Whate'er the theme, the Maiden sang [/ltr]
[ltr]As if her song could have no ending; [/ltr]
[ltr]I saw her singing at her work,[/ltr]
[ltr]And o'er the sickle bending;-- [/ltr]
[ltr]I listened, motionless and still;[/ltr]
[ltr]And, as I mounted up the hill [/ltr]
[ltr]The music in my heart I bore,[/ltr]
[ltr]Long after it was heard no more.[/ltr]
[ltr]Paraphrasing: [/ltr]
[ltr]In the fourth and final stanza  the poet tells the reader that although he could not understand what she was singing about, the music stayed in his heart as he left her and continued up the hill.[/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Figures of speech: there is an alliteration in 'saw' and 'singing', and 'music' and 'my'.[/ltr]
[ltr] [/ltr]
[ltr]Rhyme scheme: the rhyme scheme of the first and the fourth stanzas is  abcbddee ,while the rhyme scheme of the second and the third stanzas is ababccdd.[/ltr]

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingVery Happy:D
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Poetry Solitary Reaper by: William Wordsworth :: Comments

No Comment.

Poetry Solitary Reaper by: William Wordsworth

Page 1 of 1